One of the biggest Spring-Summer 2012 trends is fabulous footwear. Here are the top ten trends from CMG’s Spring-Summer 2012 Collection:
1. Polka dots – Filipinos welcome the New Year with polka dotted clothing as a sign of prosperity. This season, not only will it be for good luck but for keeping up with la mode.
2. Loafers – Say “Hello!” to comfort and spunk rolled into one. What started out as a key piece for the androgyny trend is now staying for good.
3. Sexy sling-backs – Time to store away our booties for the next chilly season and trade them for sling-back heels to go with spring’s huge floral trend.
4. Pointed toes –Twenties fashion is one of the highlights of Spring-Summer 2012 and what better pair to represent its glamour but kitten heels that complemented flapper dresses in the 20s.
5. Transparent shoes – Futuristic and fun. This may quite be unusual of a trend but as they say, fashion should never be safe.
6. Sophisticated pumps – As androgynous oxfords and loafers become the “it” shoes for casual wear, their more dressed up version of a heeled loafer will be your best friend in the work place and at parties this season.
7. Espadrilles – Wooden wedges took the spotlight last season. This time wedged espadrilles rule the runway, screaming summer and laidback without losing that feminine frill.
8. Oxfords – Another replacement for comfortable flats and killer stilettos. Oxfords, both flat and heeled are making a comeback this Spring-Summer.
9. Versatile ballet flats – Twenty-first century women will always be on the go and a handy lightweight pair of flats is their ally. Unfold and wear, fold and keep. Compact ballet flats will fix fashion emergencies anytime, anywhere.
10. “Flat-forms” – Bid aching feet “Goodbye!” as flat platform shoes level the foot’s arch for all-day comfort and style. Adding a few inches need not be punishment for the feet. “Flat-forms” may even come in handy when waters start to rise due to a summer drizzle!
CMG CEBU is located at GF SM City Northwing Cebu and GF Ayala Center Cebu.