Hey, Cebu and Cebu fashion designers. Look Magazine, The British Council and Inquirer Lifestyle has some good news for us!
[highlight]GET A CHANCE TO WIN AN ALL-EXPENSE-PAID COURSE
AT CENTRAL SAINT MARTINS, LONDON[/highlight]
Organized to support the next generation of Filipino fashion designers and help them pursue their design and business plans, the third staging of the LOOK of Style Awards will award the winning designer with an all-expense-paid trip to the United Kingdom where he/she will have the opportunity to enroll in a short course of his/her choice in London’s prestigious Central Saint Martins. The winner will also receive business mentoring from fashion industry professionals in areas such as business planning, marketing, etc., as well as a spot in Inquirer Lifestyle’s next Face-Off Fashion Show.
Some mechanics you might need to note down.
• Applicants will be required to submit a portfolio presentation containing work from their previous collections, which may include sketches, photos, and editorial features
• Applicants are asked to provide specific information which outlines:
1. His/her short-term and long-term business goals and objectives
2. How the award and business mentoring would encourage and enable the recipient to pursue his/her design career plans and existing business.
3. How he/she will introduce sustainable design innovation to his/her creation, with his/her proposed vision on the development of the design, and production and presentation of final product
• The applicants will be asked to submit 3-5 references (editors, retailers, or other fashion industry professional with whom they have a close working relationship)
Finally, the 10 finalists will undergo an interview and presentation of 3 looks based on the given theme.
This year’s given theme, ECO CHIC, will challenge finalist to create wearable clothes created in an eco-friendly manner, either through the use of organic, upcycled or recycled materials, and/or through zero-waste design techniques. The interview includes an assessment of the business mentoring needs of each candidate, as well as each candidate’s potential to be socially responsible entrepreneurs in the fashion industry
A panel of judges will rate the finalists’ work and select a winner based on:
Construction Techniques 20%
Overall presentation and Visual Impact 15%
Market Awareness and Entrepreneurial Ability10%
Design excellence and commitment to sustainable fashion 35%
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNER
The winner will be announced in a cocktail event and fashion show on November 8. The fashion show will include segments from the finalists, as well as from LOOK’S guest British designer and previous LOOK of Style Awards winner.
Go sees will be scheduled for finalists all over the Philippines to have the chance to join. The Cebu leg will be on JULY 25. For requirements and more information on the competition, log on to www.facebook.com/lookmagazineph or follow www.twitter.com/lookmagazineph. Send your resume and requirements to email@example.com or to LOOK office, 4/F, Philippine Daily Inquirer, Chino Roces St., corner Yague and Mascardo Sts., Makati, 1231. Deadline of contest application is on July 21,2012